Monday, November 13, 2006

Round and Round

It's amazing how your perspective on things changes depending on where you are in your life.

When I wrote this last year, I was all aflutter with goodwill toward my fellow humans. This year, I am rejecting every invitation for holiday shopping and have resorted to endless, revisionist list-making in order to put off the stress of wrapping, shipping, hiding, and the inevitable debates about who/what/how much.

Then there's the sibling equity issue. One big doll=two small games? One electronic gadget=, <, or > two stuffed animals? I keep going around and around on every possibility, soaked in fear that someone will feel shorted.

It all just requires so much thought, and after work and volunteering up the ying-yang lately, I can't muster the energy to think it.

Make no mistake. I still love to shop. I yam who I yam.

Yet somehow, so far, I've ended up with a new ring for myself, a bowl, and a decision to purchase Visa gift cards. Not a lot of evidence to support my contention that I'm a creative, personal gift buyer.

There's still time, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Ha. I read this right after I uploaded this post. Holidays are a bitch, no?

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home