Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Flavor of the Week


You've heard me gush about Matt and Jake, I know.

But there's a new man closing in on my old standbys...even if I might have to convince you of his talents.

Ashton, my friends, can act.

I haven't yet seen The Guardian, but I plan to. And trust me, it's the kind of movie I would have passed up even on standard cable had they not cast this man as a lead.

I always found him to be synonymous with his Kelso character on That 70s Show, really. Cute-ish, but not intelligent and certainly no special actor.

I was wrong. In the past few months, I've happened upon The Butterfly Effect, Guess Who, and, most importantly, A Lot Like Love. This one was the kicker---not an Oscar-worthy movie, I admit, but SO enjoyable. And Ashton shows he can be likeable and believable in a sweet, funny, tender role. He's actually really quite good.

Then I read the cover story of Details magazine this month and a few other articles coinciding with The Guardian's release, and learned that he majored in biological engineering or something ridiculous in college in Iowa before being discovered as a model and making the move to LA. He's smart. And he loves his wife. And he can act.

So I've made a little spot for him on my personal adulation shelf. Hey, why not? There's room for one more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home