Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Grease (Is the Word, Is the Word, Is the Word...)


Well, so much for the recommitment to keeping up to date. I guess I've been too busy... apparently the end of the school year requires untold amounts of shopping and scheduling and gifting and baking (okay, again, shopping) to thank the teachers and volunteers and helpers of the volunteers who make work to make my children blossom into the wonderous young people they are turning out to be.

But I'd rather skip it.

Tomorrow there are pony rides. So that's cool. :-)

But the endless parties and thank-you books and moon bounces are a tad over the top for 4 to 6-year-olds in my book.

In other news, I have succumbed to the High School Musical craze, as I'm sure my friend Mikey will find vomitous. I'm not enjoying it, particularly, but the kids just love those tunes, y'know. I haven't bought the movie--my oldest is going to have to do a lot of chores to fund her own fix on that one. I keep trying to explain the inherent superiority of Grease but she's not feelin' it.

For my own enjoyment, once I finished A Million Little Pieces I moved on to Naked (overrated) and am now reading The Kite Runner (probably more in tune with my mood of late), so my reading juices are flowin' once again.

Also actually treated myself to a couple of movies, including Junebug (I like these mini-reviews), which is straight up precious. Great acting and simple story, which I tend to favor. And the cute boy from The O.C. is in it and actually wonderful as a frustrated, younger brother, father-to-be who's short on words. Go rent it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home