Friday, March 17, 2006

Some Like it Hot


I hate the cold.

I live in Michigan.

I know. Duh. But I sort of have to right now.

Later though, I hope to live somewhere very moderate--I'm not one of those people who has to see the seasons change (at least, I don't think I am; I suppose I could miss the big switch from summer to Indian summer). I like the West Coast, where I have wonderful family, but I'm not big on all of the natural disasters there. I like the mid-Atlantic, where I grew up and have even more friends and family, but they still do get a bit more winter white stuff than I'd like.

Florida is too Floridian. The Deep South is too--well, I hate to generalize with stereotypes. Let's just say I like a bit of cosmopolitan chic in my world. So that basically leaves the Carolinas.

That might just be the ticket. In the meantime, I'll settle for an early spring. Last year we had a huge snow storm at the end of April. I can live through that exactly once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home