Friday, June 23, 2006

Freebird

I had to figure out a way to use this song title as a post title eventually. It's true. I'm not really embarrassed about it. A little Skynyrd can go a long way toward happy thoughts and memories.

Okay, maybe I'm a little embarrassed about it, but no more than the other things about me that are conformist and predictable.

The theme holds true for now, though--we're feeling the summer vacation bug bigtime 'round here. Long days at the pool and pretty Michigan summer nights at Dairy King (I could kill the beautiful, nubile 18-year-old neighbor who told me I HAD to get a nonfat chocolate malt at least once..."at least"? I no longer sleep longing for it.)

And there's a free feeling in the knowledge that the ocean is only a couple of weeks away as I get ready for the trip back East. Seven days at the beach is just what the Mom needs right now. In all honesty, it's pretty much what I need all year, all the time. But a week'll do for now.

Before that we have 4th of July barbecues and swimming lessons to get through, as well as the normal drudgery of work and house and kids stuff...but it's a carrot I'm willing to chase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home