Friday, February 22, 2008

This Kiss

We all have our pet peeves. Some are mundane (I hate people cracking their knuckles), but others are more personalized--idiosyncrasies, let's say.

While my friends find it a funny thing to be bothered about, I get straight-up batty annoyed watching bad kissers.

Not on my lips, mind you (my smooches come from three little girls, and you can't go wrong there), but on the screen.

If I'm watching a TV show or movie and I actually NOTICE the way someone's kissing, it's a bad sign. They're obviously doing something weird.

Case in point: Andrew McCArthy. When he made out with Molly Ringwald (another offender) in Pretty in Pink, I cringed. The fact that I remember this should be evidence enough, but after happening upon Lipstick Jungle last night (bad book, worse TV show) I was shocked to see the old Brat Packer pukey puckering right there on prime time! Badly! Still! You'd think if he didn't learn a thing or two personally over the past few decades, at least a director would have forced the issue.

He's right up there with Natalie Portman and Kevin Connolly ("E" from Entourage), both of which have demonstrated repeatedly that they are violent offenders.

Okay, the ending to Garden State was first class. But still. You'd think they'd give lessons or somethin'.

This guy has a list of worst on screen kisses. It's a start.
And, in the spirit of equal time, I like this list of some of the best. I think Jake and Heath's reunion kiss in Brokeback is way up there on mine, though that would be a long blog post. Say Anything kiss in the rain, Chasing Amy kiss in the rain, Unfaithful--entire scenes.

Feel free to chime in, people.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home