Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Best of Both Worlds

When I bought my daughter tickets to go see Hannah Montana a couple of weeks ago, everyone asked me how I was able to secure such a valuable commodity. They wanted to know what exorbitant amount of money I (surely had to have) paid. They wanted to know why I was able to achieve what so many others had not been able to achieve.

My reply? I'm Jen. The Best Mother in the World.

Also, I learned a little trick on Ticketmaster where you sign on in a different location and buy tickets using that zip code.

But, also, too, I'm Jen! The Best Mother in the World!

I would never have spent real money on 5 and 8-year-old little girls to see a concert. When I saw Rush in 8th grade I must have been 13 or 14. And I likely spent $10 on the ticket.

The point is that they do so much more now, at such a younger age. The silly hormones in the milk are even starting puberty earlier in these little people.

I'll pay exorbitant hormone-free, organic milk prices way before Miley Cyrus gets my hard earned cash.

But for many things, these girls are just going to have to wait. While their friends all have pierced ears, mine shall wait. While their friends are signing up for 4 different activities at a time, mine shall wait. And, hopefully, while their friends are starting to talk about boys and starting to date...well. I just turned in my bleeding heart liberal nature for a full dose of right wing, abstinence loving mom talk. They can wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home