Friday, March 16, 2007

Rich Girl



I've read and enjoyed several Maeve Binchy novels over the years, but my favorite has always been Circle of Friends. Unlike most books, the movie version was easily as good, if not better, and left me thinking, "This Minnie Driver chick is amazing."

Apparently I wasn't alone, given her string of Hollywood flings, interesting roles and red carpet moments that followed.

Now, like many of her big-screen peers, she's taken up residence on the flat screens at home with FX's new offering The Riches.

I love it. The show reminds me of Huff (which no one else seemed to watch yet was easily one of the most compelling, best acted and well-written series on TV) in its dark approach to the human condition, and I'm excited to see future episodes. So much so that I started to watch the 2nd one online, but then stopped because I wanted to enjoy it in all its glory the right way when it airs Monday night.

So, in a nutshell,modern-day gypsy/grifters take over Louisiana suburbia, led by real-life cross-dressing Brit Eddie Izzard. I know, I know.....same old formulaic writing.

So. Not. This is good stuff.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home