Thursday, December 01, 2005

Paperback Writer


When my youngest daughters were born, I contemplated writing a "twins" book along the lines of Vicki Iovine's "The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" books.

Three and a half years later, I've written an impressive one-page outline.

It's not that I've given up on the idea entirely, it's just...well...I had twins. And a toddler. And now they're older, and somehow the incentive to write isn't as compelling.

Anyway, I did actually write a couple of essays in the first year or so of their lives, with the thought that perhaps they could serve as content if ever I do get around to the book.

One of those essays was published this month in Strut, a Detroit-based magazine for women.

Maybe this will inspire me to work on something other than the business writing I've been spending my time with lately. Drier than a felt boot.

And if not, it's still a nice little glimpse into their lives that my girls can read when they're older.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home