Friday, November 04, 2005

What Would You Say















In today's mail, I received the following solicitations for non-profit donations:

* League of Women Voters
* Amnesty International
* Haven House (a local domestic violence shelter I sometimes support)
* a national food bank
* a local food bank
* NARAL
* a personal charity drive for a woman with a rare liver disease in Atlanta (sent from a friend)
* local arts council (which I worked closely with all summer)

Yes, that was in TODAY's mail. And it's barely November. Obviously from this list you can deduce that my left-leaning political stance makes me a prime target. But how, exactly, is one supposed to say no to any of these organizations???

I do have a whole "I've identified my charities of choice and stick to just those for the year" speech for people who show up at my door or somehow catch me by phone. But I physically could not throw this latest stack of mail away.

They even sent me free address labels!
Scheming bastards. The guilt is just too great to ignore.

The check's in the mail.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Nice image.

5:25 PM  
Blogger lizze said...

I write "Return to Sender" on the envelopes and send it back to them.

If it is a “pre-approved” credit card application, I tear off the agreement slip, write on the bit with my address on “Take me off your mailing list” and send it back to them in the pre-paid envelope.

I HATE junk mail, hate it.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home